About the Club
All Ionian Club Members
- have experienced the difficulties of relocating
- meet regularly in friendship and fellowship
- assist other members to assimilate into their new community
- support each other in times of need
- are aware of the needs of others in the community
- maintain friendship with members from other Ionian Clubs
- enjoy many activities and cultural pursuits
- and most importantly prefer having fun to doing housework!
All Ionian Clubs
- hold monthly meetings
- have special dinners or luncheons to celebrate special events
- have a number of special interest groups (Craft, Book Club, Bridge, Mahjong,
Walking ... ) that vary from club to club depending on the wants and interests of members
- have outings and events that include partners and friends
- do not fundraise for charity other than in a very minor way
- operate under a set of basic rules but each club has a separate set of by-laws.
(Clubs must still conform with the objects and philosophy of the entire Ionian Club)
* TransferringIf you are a financial Ionian member who is relocating you must contact your own club secretary who will write to the transfer secretary in the city to which you are moving. There is a special transfer form which will be completed and signed by you and your club secretary. You must contact the transfer secretary in your new location and she will give you details of each club in the area and advise them of your arrival. It is your choice to decide which club you will join.
* JoiningIf you are interested in joining the Ionian Club please contact a club in your area to discuss that club's requirements for membership. See "The Clubs" section for more information.